Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FAIL

Less than a month after embarking on this blogging adventure, I abandoned it. :P
Sometimes words feel very vulnerable to me. Vulnerable to misinterpretation, vulnerable to distortion. They are left out in the cold, unable to fight for themselves. But only sometimes. I don't know how much of what I wrote before is still true, but that's okay. I feel like I have experienced a slight (or maybe not so slight) shift of mindset recently, and I'll be able to express it as I work on more art.

The JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) is coming up in just a few days. Studying has been driving me a little crazy and I don't really feel like I'm ready (how could I?), but I'm looking forward to being done with the test and having more time to work on my own projects as well as projects I have taken on from other people.

In the meantime, here is something I started a while ago. I'm trying to work in a looser style, going for the finished-yet-unfinished look-- something in which you can see the "grain." Not focusing so much on perfect lines, at least for this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment